Sunday, January 25, 2004

"Obsolescence of Happenstance"

Checking in some of my less frequently read folders at bloglines, I happened upon this post: Anil Dash: Obsolescence of Happenstance.

The post and the comments triggered numerous thoughts in all sorts of directions, one of them being that I am not so sure "happenstance" is becoming obsolete. I don't think that we are shutting ourselves off from those chance meetings that can create new connections and even change lives. I think the chance opportunities still exist, but may happen more often in new places and spaces. There could actually be more opportunities than before- but we have to be slightly more active in seeking them out. We have more choice about when to place ourselves in spaces that allow these chance meetings. And all of that is possibly easier for some people than others.
...Something to think about anyway.

No comments: